All stuff is available from Staples or other office supplier.
Method requires PC, laser or jet printer and use of image editing software.
|DIY front panel label. Fast and easy.|
During my recent trip to local "Staples" I spotted couple interesting examples from Avery business product line:
- self adhesive laminating sheets (product number 73603)
- full size self adhesive white mailing label (product number 05265)
I realized that it's a perfect material for making instant front panels labels for home-made electronic.
Yes, idea is pretty old but, at least for me, proper material is no longer a problem;-)
|Self adhesive mailing labels and laminating sheets from "Staples".|
I've gave it a try and I'm very happy with results.
Procedure is simple and easy to follow:
- design and print image onto self adhesive mailing label;
- cut label to the right size;
- cut proper piece of self adhesive laminating sheet;
- remove backing tape from laminating sheet and stick it onto printed label;
- remove backing tape from label and stick laminated label onto case;
- cut (carefully) holes and openings for pots, LEDs and displays;
Another similar approach is to use laser or ink jet transparency film and spray adhesive.
I've never tried it myself but some other people have got good results with it.